The District establishes its policies through the Groundwater Policy Program. The goals and objectives of the District are specified within the Management Plan of the District while the regulations and requirements of the District are specified in the Rules of the District.
Contact Tim Andruss, General Manager to discuss matters related to groundwater conservation at:
- phone: (361) 579-6863
- email: email@example.com
Management Plan of the District
The Management Plan of the District is intended to serve as a tool to focus the thoughts and actions of those given the responsibility for the execution of the District's activities as well as to provide information to District staff, landowners, and others responsible for the execution of, or compliance with, the policies and rules of the District.
On April 21, 2023, the Board of Directors of the Victoria County Groundwater Conservation District adopted a revised management plan for the district.Management Plan of the District
On July 14, 2023, the Texas Water Development Board designated the management plan of the district administratively complete.TWDB - Designation of Management Plan Administratively Complete
Rules of the District
The Rules of the District are adopted pursuant to the authority of Section 36.101, Texas Water Code, for the purpose of conserving, preserving, protecting, and recharging groundwater in the district, and these rules are adopted under the district’s statutory authority to prevent waste and to protect the rights of owners of interests in groundwater. In fulfilling the stated purpose of these rules, the board will endeavor to maintain the aquifers in the district on a sustainable basis.
The rules of the district articulate the regulatory policies of the district by:
- defining key terms;
- specifying well spacing requirements;
- specifying production limitations;
- specifying required activities of persons engaged in the development of groundwater resources in the district (e.g., well owners, well drillers, authorized operators) and the representatives of the district;
- specifying prohibited activities of persons engaged in the development of groundwater resources in the district (e.g., well owners, well drillers, authorized operators) and the representatives of the district; and
- specifying the process through which the regulatory policies of the district will be implemented.
On January 20, 2023, the Board of Directors of the Victoria County Groundwater Conservation District adopted revised rules of the district.Rules of the District
Petitions to Amend the Rules of the District
The rules of the district include provisions for petitioning the District to amend its rules under SECTION 8: POLICIES RELATED TO DISTRICT WAIVERS AND PETITIONS TO AMEND THE RULES OF THE DISTRICT. The following form may be used to submit a petition to the District:Application to Petition the District to Amend the Rules of the District (APAR )